- 120 grams dragon fruit fettuccine
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (finely chopped)
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp toasted pistachio nuts (coarsely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. (Always add to boiling water and continue to boil for the desired level of al-dente)
- While pasta is boiling, in a bowl/mortar pestle prepare the dressing by mashing a ripe avocado with lemon juice. Mix in the olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up the cooked pasta with avocado dressing and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and pistachio nuts.
Note: This pasta can be had at room temperature or lukewarm like a pasta salad but we don't recommend heating it after you have mixed with the avocado dressing as avocado cant handle heat! To loosen the pasta dressing if required, add some pasta cooking water to the mix to get to help bind the dish together.