The Herb Speckled Pappardelle from Donna Pastaia is a blend of true flavours made with organic ingredients, hand-cut and with fluted edges for a pasta that looks beautiful and tastes even better. These flavours are enhanced in this dish by the butter's richness and the garlic's and herbs' fragrant qualities. It truly represents the bonding and happiness that their pasta stands for. Knowing that you are indulging in a meal that has been lovingly and passionately prepared will help you enjoy every bite.
- 250g Donna Pastaia Herb Speckled Pappardelle
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, almonds, pistachio
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the Pappardelle- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the pasta until al dente or as directed on the package after adding. It's important to keep in mind that the handmade pasta from Donna Pastaia cooks quickly. Drain the pasta after it has finished cooking, saving about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Prepare the Butter Sauce- Melt the unsalted butter in a larger pan over medium heat. Till it begins to turn a light golden brown colour, let it softly sizzle. This gives the food a deep, nutty flavour.
- Infuse the Aromatics- Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried basil, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Sauté them for about 1-2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant and slightly golden.
- Combine Pasta and Sauce- Lower the heat to low, and carefully add the drained Pappardelle to the skillet. Toss the pasta gently to coat it in the infused butter and aromatic mixture. If the sauce seems a bit dry, gradually add some of the reserved pasta water to create a silky coating that clings to the pasta.
- Season and Serve-Season the pasta with salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your taste preferences. Toss everything together for another minute to ensure the flavors meld beautifully.
- Presentation & Garnish- Serve the dish to serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle generous amounts of grated Parmesan cheese over each portion. Finish the dish by sprinkling chopped fresh parsley on top.
Serving and Plating Suggestion
- Drizzle the infused butter and aromatic sauce over the top, allowing it to seep into the crevices of the pasta. Finish with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and a small cluster of fresh parsley leaves on the side.
- Complement the delicacy of the pasta with a chilled glass of crisp white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a Pinot Giglio, to elevate the dining experience.
- Sprinkle some toasted pine nuts or crispy bacon bits over the pasta for added texture and complexity.
- Serve with garlic bread or crusty Italian bread to complete the meal.